.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, April 11, 2005

There's a new Sheriff in town...


...or at least, I'm hoping that there soon will be. The man I'm referring to is John Bolton, he of the walrus/Wilford Brimley mustache.

From the Associated Press:
WASHINGTON - His Senate approval to be U.N. ambassador still in question, John R. Bolton told skeptical Democrats on Monday that the world body had "gone off track" at times but that he was committed to its mission.

From the U.N.'s website (http://www.un.org/):
The United Nations was established on 24 October 1945 by 51 countries committed to preserving peace through international cooperation and collective security. Today, nearly every nation in the world belongs to the UN: membership totals 191 countries.

A dose of reality is in order; when it was chartered right after WWII, the concept of united nations was a welcome one, to a world weary of war. (Gotta love that alliteration)

However, since it's auspicious beginnings it has become a decadent juggernaut, rocked by corruption and scandal. If it isn't too late to rein in the slavering Beast, then Mr. Bolton might just be the right man at the right time. Although personally I have my doubts, since his will be but one voice among many, perhaps it can make a difference.

Let's hope that our decadent, corrupt and scandalous juggernaut...A.K.A. the United States Congress, does the right thing by confirming this well chosen appointee.

13 Comments:

Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Hello camo,

I see you picked the same subject as I did today... John Bolton. Lookin' good.

BTW, you should probably change the settings for you blog to allow "anyone" to post. It looks like it is now set up to allow posts only from other bloggers.

--Hawkeye

April 11, 2005 10:01 PM  
Blogger Pat's Rick© said...

Hi Guys.

April 12, 2005 6:33 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Hello and hi. Welcome, wilkommen, bienvenue & bienvenidos!

I have the comments configured to allow only registered posters, in a (probably vain) attempt to discourage anonymous, asinine crap being posted. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but 'tis a simple thing to register...

April 12, 2005 6:51 AM  
Blogger James Beam said...

The question isn't whether Bolton's the Right Guy for the job.
It's whether the majority will grow a spine and actually confirm him.

Do you guys here know about lucianne.com ?

April 12, 2005 8:35 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

If the majority doesn't actually grow a spine, perhaps a dedicated minority can kick the recalcitrant ones in the base of theirs...

I've got lucianne.com "bookmarked", thanks.

April 12, 2005 9:34 AM  
Blogger jimmytheleg said...

camo -
Do I have to ride to post here?

Good luck and btw in order to post I now own my own blog. I hope to get enough brains to write something worth reading.

OT - Bolton will be the breath of fresh air that Jean Kirpatrick was 20 odd years ago.

April 12, 2005 4:44 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

jimmytheleg said...
camo -
Do I have to ride to post here?


Nah, but it helps to be a "Right" thinker. Thanks for stoppin' by!

April 12, 2005 7:48 PM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

To my understanding, Mr. Bolten is nominated as "U.S. Ambassador TO the U.N.", not FOR the U.N.

Godspeed to him. I hope he rocks the boat, an informed United States would be behind him. WHY do we give these #&*$(%*(@^$%(#*# so much money??????

Hi Scrapplers!

April 14, 2005 9:31 PM  
Blogger D'Wayne 'Red' Mendoza said...

It juts like the fascist bush neocon junta to put a pro american american in teh UN.

Wehn Im' not grounded any more and I haev enough gas money (may be never becasue of bushfascistneoconjunta economic polices ruin young like minded progressives like myself who do not work (for large corporations) I am gonig to canada

April 15, 2005 9:33 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Kajun News said...
"his will be but one voice among many"
It's a start! But he needs to bleach his toupé to match his cookie duster...too much of a distraction!


Oh, I dunno; when I let my beard grow in the Winter, whereas my hair is brown, it's red...except for where it's grey, that is.

An' I ain't about to try color matching anything... ☺

April 17, 2005 1:12 AM  
Blogger RAM said...

Hey camo! I registered earlier, then found I had created my own blog.

Once I figure out how to do it, I will start posting some of my "neo-con" speak. ;-)

I had to register under "kingUNOME", as someone already is using "UNOME". I guess it didn't do any good registering my name at the patent office.

April 17, 2005 1:30 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

KingUNOME, huh? Hmmm...it's good to be the king!

April 17, 2005 2:58 AM  
Blogger RAM said...

camo: I re-did my blog from kingUNOME to R.A.M. (Republican Attack Machine). The lack of backbone of our party needs a little help. Hopefully, my blog can shame some of our "girlymen" into action.

The blog is at:

http://neededbackbone.blogspot.com/

Give me a call sometime and help me finish it so I can start attacking some of these lib in the Congress. Someone has to!

April 19, 2005 1:14 AM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter