.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, October 27, 2006

The New American Motorcycle?

Victory Motorcycles, a division of Polaris Industries, has been in the motorcycle business for several years now.

In 1998, Polaris introduced Victory Motorcycles, which were among the first new American motorcycles in decades...since the Indian Motorcycle company went "belly up" in 1953.

Monopolies are no good for fostering a competitive market, because there's no incentive to improve the status quo.

Fortunately, there are now quite a few options available in that market.

Much as I like my Harley, I'm glad that they're no longer "the only game in town" if one wishes to acquire an American motorcycle.

Most of those other American motorcycle companies haven't entered into the luxury touring motorcycle market, but Victory Motorcycles wants to change that...and they're looking for feedback from their potential customers.

The picture above is one of four concept drawings that they want people to vote on; it's my personal preference, because it appears to be the one that is the most comfortable for a passenger.

I'm fairly sure that passengers would agree...

11 Comments:

Blogger Beerme said...

Looks pretty cool, but nothing like a Harley.
BTW, if a passenger is looking for comfort (or safety, for that matter) why on earth would they look at a bike?
That's just not what they're for, ya know?

October 27, 2006 6:53 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Beerme:
I think it looks futuristic...but nothing like a Harley, no.

I disagree with you about the comfort issue; it's a big part of the attraction of the luxury cruiser models. I like my comfy seat, cruise control, heated handgrips, etc.

Maggie:
On the other side, perhaps? I was checking out the possibility of adding a sidecar to my Harley a couple of years ago, but was told it would basically have to be installed all the time thereafter, so I opted out.

OTOH, a trailer for road trips could be easily detached on a regular basis...

October 27, 2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Dude, you are 'da man when it comes to all the latest and newest, aren't ya'? camojack...the man with all the toys! :-)

October 27, 2006 6:29 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

IF I was a biker, I think I'd go in for something like THIS (oh yeah... in BLACK).

BTW, I tried posting a comment earlier today, but couldn't get to the comment section.

Best regards...

October 27, 2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

'da Bunny:
Yeah, I'm just full of useless information. Or something. :-)

Hawkeye®:
Well, I am a biker, and I go in for (and on) THIS...in red.

But seriously, the motorcycle in the link you posted would be several steps backwards from where I currently sit.
(Pun intended...)

October 27, 2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Where's the bathroom?

October 27, 2006 9:46 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Barb:
That's on the other side, too...down the embankment, and behind the first tree.

October 28, 2006 1:21 AM  
Blogger JR said...

Sorry no competition for Harley, unless it has a drink holder...

October 28, 2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

JR:
They are looking for feedback...you could suggest adding a drink holder. I don't know how practical it would be, though...

October 28, 2006 3:54 PM  
Blogger Pat's Rick© said...

Hey, doeesn't the Ghost Rider already have one like that?

October 30, 2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Pat'sRick©:
Nah, the Ghost Rider has a "chopper". BTW, there's a movie with Nicolas Cage coming out next year...entitled Ghost Rider.

October 31, 2006 12:51 AM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter