.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 07, 2008

Bad motor scooter...

Probably the best known custom is "Captain America":


It was ridden by Peter Fonda in the 1969 movie "Easy Rider".

Nowadays, there are a lot of custom bikes to choose from:

American Iron Horse Motorcycles

American Performance Cycles

Arlen Ness Motorcycles

Big Bear Choppers

Big Dog Motorcycles

BMC Choppers

Bourget’s Bike Works

Confederate Motorcycles

Intrepid Cycles

Logic Motor Company

Orange County Choppers

Paramount Custom Cycles

Redneck Engineering:


Saxon Motorcycle Company

Sucker Punch Sally's

Thunder Mountain Custom Cycles

Ultra Motorcycle Company

Here's a picture I took at Laconia Bike Week:


OOH! Shiny!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger boberin said...

Wow, some sporty choices indeed! I lean towards Big Dog and Intrepid but many of the others are quite nice too.
Then again, your bike is none to shabby either!

January 07, 2008 9:23 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Some of the custom bikes are quite fancy, but I prefer the classic, elegant design of the Harley over the custom choppers.

January 07, 2008 6:40 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

I remember seeing "Easy Rider" in the movie theater, but something tells me it was not in 1969 when the movie was first released. I think it must have been re-released in 1970 or 1971, because I'm sure I saw it with a couple of my fraternity brothers, both of whom were so excited they each bought and then customized a bike.

(Itchin' for the runnin'...)

January 07, 2008 7:31 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

boberin:
Yes, they are indeed some fine looking machines, but they are quite expensive as well.
(Not that my bike isn't)

Bunny:
I prefer the creature comforts (heated handgrips, cruise control, etc.) of my Harley at my advanced age; I just think that the custom bikes are nice to look at. I can't imagine them being very comfortable to ride for any kind of distance.

Hawkeye®:
I never saw "Easy Rider" in the theater, only on TV...

January 07, 2008 8:14 PM  
Blogger benning said...

Very shiny! And expensive, too!

I can barely afford my eleven-year-old station wagon! Oy!

By the way, there's an eleventeen waiting for you.

Heheheee!

January 07, 2008 9:32 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

It's not the bike ,or what Company made it, it's who's riding it. Well, at least that is what I look at.

January 07, 2008 11:14 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

benning:
Shiny and expensive, yes. The one I took the picture of at Laconia Bike Week is all chrome...except for the tires.

I scored that "ELEVENTEEN!!! in honor of your eleven year old station wagon.

Barb:
Do you mean like THIS?

Heh, heh...

January 08, 2008 7:04 AM  
Blogger D'Wayne 'Red' Mendoza said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 07, 2008 11:19 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

I have to wonder why the above comment (I bet neither of them come in a hybrid) was deleted.

Maybe because "neither" implies only two choices?

February 17, 2008 1:14 AM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter