.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 13, 2006

Rolling Thunder*...

For the 2007 model year, Harley-Davidson has introduced the Patriot Special Edition line of their motorcycles.

From their website:
"Customized to one of five branches of the military, these motorcycles are distinctive and unique with a U.S. flag consistent with those found on all military uniforms proudly displayed on the rear fender, and a jeweled gas tank badge allowing for customization with a military branch-specific medallion.

Patriot Special Edition motorcycles are only available for a limited time – orders can be placed from August 14, 2006 to January 15, 2007. Patriot Special Edition motorcycles are offered to those actively serving in the U.S. military, members of the reserves or veterans, and their immediate family members only. A limit of one Patriot Special Edition motorcycle may be sold to a qualifying customer (or set of customer credentials) during the model year. One of the following documents must be attached to the Patriot Special Edition order request form as proof of military service: DD Form 214, Official Military Orders, or Official Military ID Card."


I'd venture to say that a lot of my fellow Patriot Guard Riders will be interested; a lot of them are veterans, like myself.

I don't think I'll be in the market for a new motorcycle for awhile, though. The one I have now is a 2005...

*The major function of Rolling Thunder®, Inc. is to publicize POW-MIA issues: To educate the public that many American prisoners of war were left behind after all previous wars and to help correct the past and to protect future veterans from being left behind should they become prisoners of war-missing in action.

We are also committed to helping American veterans from all wars.

Rolling Thunder®, Inc. is a non-profit organization. Members donate their time because they believe in the issues we are working on.

7 Comments:

Blogger mig said...

On Saturday, they were represented at the massing of the colors by a local group. I heard Blake proudly telling his dad how they protected families of fallen soldiers from protesters.

You know how proud I am of you and Rolling Thunder.

Thank you. And the motorcycle looks, well -- shinny!

November 13, 2006 7:44 AM  
Blogger FrankenLooper said...

And now available for the special price of only 30k, right?

I'll take a Shovel or a Pan, thanks. :-)

November 13, 2006 8:27 AM  
Blogger JR said...

Looks like a two inch sticker on the gas tank???

The VA sells stickers and alot of other cool stuff...

November 13, 2006 10:52 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Wish somebody would take me for a ride on a bike like that! Nice!

November 13, 2006 12:45 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

mig:
Massing of the colors...for Veterans Day?

Blake apparently knows his stuff.

Nightwalker:
They range from a base MSRP of $8K to $20K. Of course, that doesn't include freight, tax, tags, dealer prep, etc. My "top-of-the-line" model totalled about $26K, but that was with some extra stuff added, including a 7 year "fender-to-fender" extended service plan.

Maggie:
I think there were literally hundreds of Patriot Guard Riders at a funeral for one of our fallen soldiers on Memorial Day. There were about 4 dozen at the most recent one hereabouts.

JR:
I just fly a flag on the back of mine.

'da Bunny:
I'd take you for a ride on my Harley, but you're pretty far from here...

November 13, 2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

I know you would, my friend, and I would enjoy it. It's been a very long time since I was on a motorcycle...

November 14, 2006 7:27 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

'da Bunny:
It's been so rainy around here lately that I'm starting to wonder if I will be able to ride again before it gets too cold.

I know you don't have that problem there...

November 14, 2006 10:31 PM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter