.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 15, 2006

What's your hurry?


Motorcycle Land Speed Record pushed to 350 mph

Denis Manning’s "BUB 7" set the new absolute motorcycle land speed record at Utah’s Bonneville Salt Flats.

Rider Chris Carr piloted the BUB 7 to 354.832 mph on the outbound run and 346.939 mph on the return for an average speed of 350.885 mph...a new world record.

Prior to 2006 the absolute motorcycle land speed record had not been broken since Dave Campos achieved his 322.149 mph world record run in 1990.

This happened in September; I heard about it in October.

I'd been planning to mention it, but got sidetracked.
(It's that A.D.D. thing)

There are other categories for speed records:

New diesel land speed record: 328 mph
(Also set earlier this year)

Electric land speed record: 315 mph

And I can't leave out the overall record holder:

Thrust SuperSonic Car: 763 mph


Car?! More like missile...

10 Comments:

Blogger JR said...

Did you check out one of the other storys... The coming of the electric motorcycle???

December 15, 2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

That BUB 7 is one fast lil' bugger there, Bub.

December 15, 2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger UpNorthLurkin said...

I'm going back to your Blue Christmas post, Jack. I just had to remove 910 multicolored mini LED lights (brandname, Sunbeam) from my Christmas tree! I called Customer service because about 32 had gone out in the middle of one of the strings (of 210). They told me there had been a recall and I had to remove them immediately! I was slightly hysterical at the thought...but decided it was the best course of action....they wouldn't tell me the reason, but made it sound ominous! I went back to the old lights and consequently am about a day behind now in my decorating!! Wish I could ride on that fast bike outta here!!

December 15, 2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

onlineanalyst:
They would have left me in the dust, too.

Maggie:
Flying low, they were.

Kajun:
Money seems to do that from mine, also.

JR:
I did check that out; maybe someday.

'da Bunny:
It certainly is...Bun. :-)

UpNorthLurkin:
I hope they gave you the money back...

December 15, 2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger Beerme said...

On a hot summer day in 1999, beer poured from an Oberon bottle reached the speed of 126 MPH going down my gullet! I claim that as the speed record for beer traveling down a throat.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

December 15, 2006 5:24 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Yikes! A supersonic car? Wow, now that's FAST. Don't blink... you might miss it when it goes by.

(:D) Regards...

December 15, 2006 10:15 PM  
Blogger RAM said...

I'm probably the only one who thought, "What's your hurry?", had something to do with the Andy Griffith episode of the same name.

One of my favorites, it was the one, that after hearing the guest Reverand take about slowing down, the town decides to have a band concert, but turns out to be totally exhausting, (band uniforms rotten, musicians WAY out of practice, band stand collapes with Barney and Gomers help).

Barney: :Now get down there with those spiders Gomer!"

December 16, 2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

ELEVENTEEN!!!

Beerme:
Have you contacted the Guinness (world record, not stout) people?

Hawkeye®:
That is fast, indeed.

RAM:
Yes, you prob'ly are the only one who thought it had something to do with an Andy Griffith episode, I concur...

December 16, 2006 11:36 PM  
Blogger benning said...

I just love its name: Bub! LOL

Interesting! All that speed would scare me to death, but it does impress.

December 17, 2006 5:28 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

benning:
The fastest I've ever gone on a motorcycle was about 120 MPH...quite enough for me.

December 17, 2006 7:36 PM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter