.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Nifty gadgets...

I came across the item shown above being advertised in my American Legion newsletter.
(It certainly fits in with my personal motif)

I emailed the company who makes it to ask where it's produced, because if it's made in China I'm not interested...so far, no response.
(Which probably means it's made in China)

Anyway, here are the details (from their website):

UNITED STATES VETERANS MULTI-FUNCTION KNIFE
Personalized with your full Name, Years of Service, Branch Emblem or Purple Heart Medal.

Veterans Commemoratives™ proudly issues its U.S. Military Utility Knife, which is literally a "toolbox in your pocket®." The body, handle and tools are crafted in stainless steel for a lifetime of rugged use in everyday activities.

The front of the handle is finished in camouflage and inset with your Service Branch Emblem (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine) or Purple Heart Medal. The back of the handle is engraved with your Full Name and Service Years, and inset with the Veterans Commemoratives’ Emblem as your assurance of quality and satisfaction.

The Official U.S. Service Branch Emblem of your choice or Purple Heart Medal is minted like a fine coin finished in Gold and hand enameling, to honor your service.

KNIFE FEATURE:
• 2 1⁄2" Knife Blade
• Blue LED Light
• Cork Screw
• Punch with Sewing Eye
• Nail file
• Phillips Head Screwdriver
• Flathead Screwdriver
• Can Opener
• Bottle Opener
• Toothpick
• Tweezers
• Scissors
• Key Ring
• Reamer

Order yours today. You have earned the right to own this tribute to your Military Service.

If not satisfied return within 30 days for replacement or refund.
SPECIAL PRICE: $37.50
+$7.95 shipping, handling & engraving


And if I really wanted to get carried away?

Then there's the Giant Swiss Army Knife:


But that's just INSANE...

11 Comments:

Blogger Island Girl TLA said...

Well Camo... since I am a "wrench" I think I am going to place an order for the Giant Swiss Army Knife and carry it in my Louis Vuitton for the next time something "necessary" decides to give me trouble. LOL

December 06, 2006 6:21 AM  
Blogger cave_nate said...

The way we keep our brethren working and the economy vital is to buy local. Kudos to you for putting your foot down and buying American.

spelling error in prev :-0

December 06, 2006 8:12 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Island Girl TLA:
I'm a "wrench" too...for my living, working on aircraft as I do.
('Tis a noble profession!)

cave_nate:
They still haven't replied to my inquiry, so I think my initial suspicion was correct. I also think that the massive trade imbalance with China is a travesty, and wish that more people would "act locally".

Maggie:
I tend to think of Vise-grips® as "the" universal tool, personally...
(And they're made in the US)

December 06, 2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Does that thing have a power drill attachment? Might come in handy.

(:D) Regards...

December 06, 2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Hawkeye®:
I guess it should; it seems to have everything else...

December 07, 2006 3:50 AM  
Blogger Beerme said...

Where I live, in Michigan, it used to be a sin to buy anything automotive that wasn't American made. Now, half of the cars in the Detroit area are foreign-made. Of course most of the people used to work at American auto manufacturers, too...

December 07, 2006 6:02 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Beerme:
Yes, "American made" cars are largely not...unless you count North American, including Canada and Mexico. Lots of multinational manufacturers now, in fact Japanese auto makers employ plenty of Americans in Stateside factories nowadays. It gets a bit confusing, but Chinese goods are made in China, by Chinese workers...

December 07, 2006 6:50 AM  
Blogger mig said...

Who needs a toolbox with that jumbo one! yeowza!

December 07, 2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger benning said...

The multi-purpose knife looks like it'd be useful. I don't think I've seen a flashlight in one before. But the camouflage motif is getting a tad old. When you can see baby strollers decked out in camouflage ... it's old.

That giant knife is amazing! But who has the pocket size for it? Be funny to give it to your 85-year-old Aunt, eh? Heheheee!

Somewhere, among my possessions, I think I still have my old Boy Scout Pocket Knife. That thing's almost 40-years-old. Don't have a clue where it was made, but it was a quality product. :)

December 07, 2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

ELEVENTEEN!!!

mig:
That jumbo one is just ridiculous; who's got pockets that big?!

benning:
I've seen lights in them before. I agree that camo is no longer fashionable...but I was wearing it before it was, ever since my time in service.
(IOW, I was camo when camo wasn't cool)

I carry a multi-function knife and a Leatherman, so that's quite sufficient, really...

December 07, 2006 9:12 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Kajun:
Heh. Yeah, that too...

December 07, 2006 9:44 PM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter