.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 09, 2009

What're you lookin' at?


I was looking again to see who's been checking out my blog; in the past week there've been visits from the following countries:

Australia, Austria (2), Belgium (2), Canada (3), Croatia, Germany (3), Israel, Latvia, Netherlands, Philippines (2), Slovakia, St. Kitts and Nevis, Sweden (2), Thailand (2), Turkey (2), Ukraine and the United Kingdom (3).

Mostly they're checking out aerospace- and motorcycle-related stuff, and the most popular by far is this:

(Mosquito Ultralight Helicopter)

Fact is, I think it's pretty cool, too.

OK, so, it's time for my annual Winter sojourn.

There'll be a slight variation from the usual itinerary in that I'll be on Kauai for my first week there, and then on to the Big Island.

I'm looking forward to hiking the Kalalau Trail on Kauai:


I'll also do a side trip to Hanakapi’ai Falls:


Behave yourselves while I'm away...

11 Comments:

Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Hmmm. Had a problem posting my comment. Just wanted to wish you a good trip. Stay safe.

(:D) Best regards...

January 09, 2009 10:33 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

"Behave yourselves while I'm away..."??? OK, "Dad." ;-)

Wishing you safe travels and a wonderful time. Please be careful on that hike, my friend. It looks like a beautiful, yet treacherous, trail. I know you're a seasoned hiker, and all...but take care.

January 09, 2009 11:22 AM  
Blogger boberin said...

If I could/would bahave myself I wouldn't be in the mess I'm in today so...

Have a safe trip, safe return and a good time whilst you are there (could it be otherwise?)

January 09, 2009 2:31 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Hawkeye®:
A problem posting your comment?
(Apparently you managed)

I hope it's a good, safe trip. Thanks.

Bunny:
The Kalalau Trail does look to be a beautiful, yet treacherous trail...but I will be cautious. I appreciate your concern.

boberin:
Yes, it's highly probable that I'll have a good time, unless the aforementioned trail gets me. Plummeting hundreds of feet can be hazardous to one's health; I'll try to avoid that...

January 09, 2009 5:21 PM  
Blogger Beerme said...

Yes, have fun and no plummeting...without a 'chute, that is!

January 09, 2009 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give my regards to the Islands!!!

January 09, 2009 9:30 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Beerme:
Having fun is always the plan, but of course "the best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry".

I've plummeted without a 'chute before, but didn't like the aftermath, (a broken back, etc.) very much...consequently, I hope there's no further plummeting in my future, thanks.

Grant:
Will do...

January 10, 2009 9:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a great time! (yeah, like I have to tell YOU that) Take lots of pics and make lots of great memories, buddy!
Tin Man

January 14, 2009 7:03 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

tinman:
I did have a great time, thanks...although it always seems to be too short of a time.

As for pictures, there are 800+ downloaded onto my hard drive now; I'll be sorting them all out soon...

January 26, 2009 5:44 PM  
Blogger mig said...

I lived in the shack across from the beach just outside of Hanalei across the first bridge. One room shack next to a taro patch. Give a little salute for me.

February 24, 2009 7:26 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

mig:
I knew you lived in Hawaii...but not that you'd lived on Kauai, too. Salute!

Oh yeah, and lest I forget: ELEVENTEEN!!!
(I guess I can post something new, now...)

February 25, 2009 3:36 AM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter