.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 22, 2010

Small world...


I've been hearing that for a l-o-n-g time.

What with the Internet, it can truly seem that way.

For example, we can visit Hawaii right now.
(I'll go there for real in a couple of weeks)

As I've posted previously, I like to check Site Meter occasionally to see who's been looking at my blog, and from where. I only do so every week or so, and can only see the 100 most recent visits at any given time, so the following list of countries is in all probability incomplete...but here are the ones that I know of from 2009:

Albania, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Europe, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Holy See (Vatican City State), Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Serbia and Montenegro, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Venezuela, and Yemen.

So far, 3 weeks into 2010, I have the following:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Caledonia, Nigeria, Philippines, Poland, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, and Uruguay.

Most of them are looking at various images.

I wonder how many are "repeat offenders"...

14 Comments:

Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Hey, you forgot the USA! That's a country too ya know. Enjoy your trip to Hawaii.

(:D) Best regards...

January 23, 2010 10:14 AM  
Blogger benning said...

Yeah, I noticed that, too! I know I'm in the USA, even if "The One" hates me and my country.

Heheheee!

Good list, though, Camo. Lotsof International visitors. :)

January 23, 2010 11:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I live in what USED to be the USA, now known as Mexico North.

January 23, 2010 8:42 PM  
Blogger Just call me Shelly said...

I would leave a comment but I don't want you to know where I am at!

January 23, 2010 10:12 PM  
Blogger Conserve-a-tip said...

Wow. Hawaii. Have fun!! I've never been to Hawaii. I'm afraid they'd make me hula and that wouldn't be a pleasant sight! That
s a boatload of countries looking at you! :-)
Conserve-a-tip

January 24, 2010 12:10 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

A lot of those "Lookers" probably read English ,and speak it too.They are looking to you for help in getting rid of Cruel Dictators. You're going to have to write stuff more often.

January 24, 2010 12:11 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Hawkeye®:
Actually, if you click on the posted previously link, you can see where I wrote "The rest, of course, were my fellow Americans.

I always enjoy my trips to Hawaii, thanks.

benning:
See the first statement above.

Yes, I get lots of international visitors.

John:
The future "North American Union"?

Shelly:
You don't have to leave a comment to be tracked by Site Meter; it even tells me your IP address and what browser you use.


Whiteacres:
They "made" me hula once, coconut bra an' all...but that was never documented, so I still have plausible deniability. ;-)

Barb:
I'd like to help those who are looking to rid themselves of cruel dictators, but they'll have to manage that for themselves...

January 24, 2010 12:33 AM  
Blogger Beerme said...

What? None from the People's Republic of Michigan? Well, that's rectified!

January 24, 2010 5:29 PM  
Blogger Nick - The Survival Guru said...

HAAAAAAAAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE


My son, Ted married a corporate woman so they go 2-3 times a year. I've never been, even though my wife has.
Am I fortunate or What??LOL.

Nicky j. / angus the Scot

January 24, 2010 8:00 PM  
Blogger Nick - The Survival Guru said...

The Good ol' USA will be Back and greater than ever!!

January 24, 2010 8:03 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Beerme:
I see that you're located in Lapeer, Michigan, that your ISP is Charter Communications and your browser is Firefox. There was also a visit from someone in Howell, Michigan at 10:27 AM. As I've said, I can only see the last 100 visits with the free version of Site Meter.

Nick - The Survival Guru:
Your son goes to Hawaii 2-3 times a year? Now I'm jealous!

I would say that you're fortunate in that you don't know what you're missing. ;-)

I certainly hope that this coming November's election results are a good step towards the "good ol' USA" getting back to being a better place than it is now.

All:
ELEVENTEEN!!!

January 25, 2010 12:37 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Hawaii, huh? Hmmm...sounds like a nice place. Maybe I'll have to go visit there sometime. Heh, heh, heh... ;-} See you in but a few short days, "dude."

[You don't have to bother looking up all my info. You already know my location.]

January 25, 2010 12:48 PM  
Blogger Pat's Rick© said...

Okay then. I visited Hawaii once long ago. Lovely spot for snorkeling and other aquatic endeavors.

Enjoy.

You have been there before.

January 26, 2010 2:10 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Bunny:
Hawaii does sound like a nice place, huh?

We two will see you two there next month. ;-)

Pat's Rick©:
Hawaii is a lovely spot in general; the snorkeling (and other "aquatic endeavors") are just a bonus.

Indeed, I have been there before. Love it...

January 26, 2010 3:58 AM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter