.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 25, 2010

Get out and vote!


I received the bumper sticker seen above in the mail last week, and I briefly considered putting it on the back of the "Camobile".
(My conversion van)

The fact of the matter though, is that I wouldn't want people to come to the erroneous conclusion that I'm a supporter, based on a perfunctory glance. Here's a closer look:


In reality, I don't think that impeaching Obama would make a difference. My friend Michael has been after me (for literally years) to write about the fact that the problem in this country is actually Congress...and the Democrats have been in control of that since they were elected into the majority in both houses in 2006, roughly the time when things started going to "Hell in a handbasket" in this country. They like to blame Bush, but they own it, really. In one sense, it may have been a blessing in disguise for Obama to have been elected, because with the Democrats running everything they can't blame the Republicans for the out of control spending spree. That's not to say that the Republicans hadn't gotten out of hand when they were running everything, which is basically why they lost their majorities in the first place. More on that HERE. However, now we have a new crop of candidates who seem to understand that the fiscal path that this country is on is simply unsustainable, and the American people are tired of being ignored by those who think they know better than the "unwashed masses".
(That's you and me, BTW)

Soon we'll have a chance to turn it around; let's not waste it.

Another friend of mine sent some points to consider:

When your family and friends can't explain why they voted for Democrats, give them this list. They can then pick a reason.

10. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

8. I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

7. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

6. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

5. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies through abortion so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

4. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

3. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

1. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my a$$ that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.


Do the Right thing, on November 2nd.

PS: Something else to consider: Unemployment

13 Comments:

Blogger Beerme said...

Congress is the problem, both D's and R's. Most people are itching to retire when they reach "retirement age" but not Congresscritters. No, they won't go until they're carried out! John Dingell, Carl and Sander Levin, and John Conyers come to mind from my state, alone.

I predicted this outcome from the Obama election and it is approaching the proportions expected. However, one should never underestimate the American public's susceptibility to subterfuge. It ain't over 'til we've all voted.

Vote the bums out!

October 26, 2010 6:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

JV,
What is great about this country is we have the freedom to say how we feel without the fear of a oppressive government putting us away. It is a shame that people are so opposed to change, and prefer the simplicity of narrow mindedness (and there is that in both parties) Do you really think as a republican that Christine o' Donnell is qualified to run for office and represents your views. I hope not, you are a smart person and would do a better job running the state yourself. But the reason I say that is your top 10 list is so full of preconceived notions, and one sidedness that it looks like she wrote it for you.
Fortunately, even though I’m liberal minded, I still believe in the right to own guns and will shoot back.

October 26, 2010 9:41 AM  
Blogger Nylecoj said...

Love the list!

October 26, 2010 11:43 AM  
Blogger Nick - The Survival Guru said...

I voted two weeks ago with my absentee ballot. Funny, there isn't a liberal among my choices. God Bless America.
BTW: Pepsi cola's new American flag can with the Pledge of Aliegence (sp) left out the words..."Under God".
Boycott Pepsi. I hate it anyway, and have a Coke.

October 26, 2010 1:02 PM  
Blogger Dimension Sing Making Institute said...

The bottom line is simply, go vote. Sitting at home makes us slaves and we would have no right to complain.
Quote of the day;
"You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves."

~ President Abraham Lincoln

John, thanks for taking on this topic.
Michael

October 26, 2010 3:26 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Great list. I could add a few more like: I voted Democrat because I'm brain-dead. (etc.)

(:D) Best regards...

October 26, 2010 5:02 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Excellent post, as usual, my friend. I love that bumper sticker, but I can see why you wouldn't want to apply it to the van. I wouldn't want anyone to mistake me for an ObaMarxist supporter either. He's not qualified to be anything but the race-baiting "community agitator" that he is...

Fwiw, there are no "pre-conceived notions" in that list. It's all accurate, which is why this country is in it's current crisis situation. And, as for people being able to say whatever they wish without fear of reprisal...perhaps Juan Williams, formerly of the Leftist NPR, would have something to say about that.

October 26, 2010 7:53 PM  
Blogger Nick - The Survival Guru said...

VOTE or KIss your A** goodbye!

October 26, 2010 8:45 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Beerme:
No doubt about it, as you said, both Democrats and (so-called) Republicans (A.K.A. RINOs) are a part of the problem.

"Vote the bums out!" is right.

Natalie:
I'll grant you that there is one preconceived notion on the list, which is item number 1, although I agree with it wholeheartedly. "(P)eople...tend to filter their perceptions of reality through their belief systems, and ignore that which doesn’t fit in." (Click on the link) The rest of the list is essentially accurate, in my view.

As for Christine O'Donnell, I don't live in Delaware, but if I did I'd definitely vote for her. Don't buy into the Leftist media's excoriation of her, it's completely biased.

Nylecoj:
It is a good list, if a bit scathing...but deservedly so.

Nick:
Well, you did your part then. Somehow I'm not surprised that there wasn't a liberal amongst your choices. ;-)

mmezalick:
Like I mentioned in the post, you've been after me for years to write on the subject, although lately I've been mostly avoiding politics here. So many others are doing a much better job on that than I have time to lavish on a thorough treatment, consequently I leave it to them for the most part.

Anyway, quite right, the bottom line is to just go out and vote.

Hawkeye®:
I like your suggestion for an additional entry too.

Bunny:
Thanks, for the compliment and that list. No, I wouldn't want to be mistaken for an Obama supporter. I never have been, and somehow doubt if I ever will be.

Excellent point about the Juan Williams/NPR situation, something which is also addressed in that link above...

October 27, 2010 3:45 AM  
Blogger JR said...

Camo,

My vote is for Number One...

All the others just let them off the hook for the O-word...

JR

October 27, 2010 8:01 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

JR:
That choice does tend to sum it up.

Maybe I should add Hawkeye's suggestion at number - wait for it - ELEVENTEEN!!!

October 27, 2010 8:59 PM  
Blogger Pat's Rick© said...

I love the list. I printed it out and also forwarded it to my family.
Sorry I haven't been in the arena more, but we will overcome on the 2nd.
Keep the faith.
Rick

October 29, 2010 2:02 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Pat's Rick©:
I can't take any credit for the list, but (obviously) I like it.

I haven't been posting all that much myself recently...but we should definitely get a good start (at the very least) towards a return to sanity on Tuesday.

Happy Halloween!!!

October 31, 2010 3:56 PM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter