.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Space, the final (commercial) frontier...


SpaceX "Dragon" capsule (artist's conception)

SpaceX, a private company which is based in Hawthorne, CA is preparing to launch its Dragon capsule to the International Space Station on April 30th.

The unmanned capsule will be the first of a new fleet of commercial spacecraft being developed to deliver cargo to the station after the space shuttles were retired last year.

The capsule will launch on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral in Florida.

If all goes as planned, it will fly to the ISS and then dock there on May 3, after doing some tests.

Far out, man...

10 Comments:

Blogger Hawkeye® said...

To boldly go where Obama would not dare!

(:D) Best regards...

April 26, 2012 7:44 PM  
Blogger Beerme said...

I've been waiting a looooong time for this! Go Free Market, go!

April 27, 2012 6:50 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

DUDE!

I'm with Hawkeye...boldly going where Comrade Zero won't! Free "Enterprise" [pun intended] will, hopefully, rule...although with the current crop of commies in charge here, they may try to put a stop to commercial space "endeavors" [again, pun intended].

Fwiw, we have a LOT of people here on Earth who are already living in space. ;-)

April 27, 2012 12:15 PM  
Blogger Boberin said...

Newt will surely approve. Will put him one step closer to his "moon state" idea. The man is a true visionary!

Thanks for keeping us up on the latest Camo! Stooge fest this weekend in Ft. Washington!!

April 27, 2012 2:41 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Hawkeye®:
"To boldly go"...yeah, I like the sound of that.

Beerme:
It was poor planning to retire the Space Shuttle program without having something in the "pipeline" to replace it.

Bunny:
Free "Enterprise" (pun appreciated) is right!

I must agree, we certainly do have a lot of "space cadets" running around loose already.

Boberin:
Funny you should mention the Stooges; I'm planning to go see the new Three Stooges movie this weekend. Maybe I'll go check out the Stooge Fest this weekend too...

April 27, 2012 4:55 PM  
Blogger Boberin said...

I hear the movie is not too good...sadly...but let me know as I value your opinion...if you head for the fest give me a ring...maybe I'll tag along

April 28, 2012 3:48 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Actually, I liked the movie...it made me laugh.

April 29, 2012 12:59 AM  
Blogger Boberin said...

That's all one can ask, nice!

April 30, 2012 8:58 AM  
Blogger Pat's Rick© said...

So ,
Who will be the Man Who Sold the Moon?

April 30, 2012 10:02 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Boberin:
Indeed; that was the general idea. ;-)

Pat's Rick©:
Good question...and coincidentally, I just added the song that you were referencing to my iPod last week.

May 01, 2012 6:41 PM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter