.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, July 14, 2006

Nobody's fool...

AP: PASADENA, Calif. - Mr. T has...shed the piles of gold chains that were his signature look after witnessing the destruction from Hurricane Katrina.

"As a spiritual man, I felt it would be a sin against my God for me to wear all that gold again because I spent a lot of time with the less fortunate," the actor said Thursday.

"I saw some, I call it `sorry celebrities.' They'll go down there and hook up with the people to take a photo-op. I said, `How disgusting.' If you're not going to go down there with a check and a hammer and a nail to help the people, don't go down there."

Mr. T, will star in "I Pity the Fool", which is scheduled to debut in October on TV Land. He dispenses advice to viewers who are struggling with life's problems.

The former star of "The A-Team" said he's about more than his rough-and-tough image.

"Yes, I am qualified to beat people up. But I am pretty intelligent," he said. "That's what throws people off. If you've been through something, that gives you an authority that you can speak on certain things. That's why people relate to me. I pull no punches."


I can relate to Mr. T, for a number of reasons; he seems to be the "real deal", as it were...a genuine "man of the people".

Also, we apparently have several things in common. I won't elaborate on them now, but I will say that we seem to have similar tastes when it comes to 'do rags...

12 Comments:

Blogger FrankenLooper said...

Yeah, you never see Santana without a hat either. Hmmm.

Coincidence? I think not!

July 14, 2006 3:20 AM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

Just by looking at the picture, I thought the dinner plate and spoon hanging around his neck was indicitive of his joining the rolling hunger strike. Glad that's not the case. I'll bet he can swing a hammer and drive a nail in one stroke!

Also, I always thought it was 'dew' rag.

July 14, 2006 6:51 AM  
Blogger boberin said...

Anyone remember how Mr. T got his start? I actually watched the event, it was called "The world's toughest bouncer" competition and he was one of the bouncers that they sent through a bizzare series of challenges (and naturally he won). Hard to believe he parlayed that into what followed.
Seriously though, my sister and her family are my heros because they have already spent 3 weeks down south, planning to spend more with ,of course, a bunch of folks from their church, lending a hand rebuilding. They just went last month and figure the area is about 1/10th recovered. Simply amazing that, wth all the money that's been spent, that's as far as we have come.

July 14, 2006 7:44 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Nightwalker:
It's funny, but although I generally go 'round bare-headed, most pictures of me seem to catch me wearing something on my noggin.

Not ALL of 'em, though.


MargeinMI:
'Do rag...as in hairdo.

boberin:
The first time I saw him was in Rocky III. You're right about that world's toughest bouncer competition, however. It's mentioned in the link at the beginning of the post...

July 14, 2006 8:46 AM  
Blogger boberin said...

Doh, I swear I didn't do the link, some things actually come through my admittedly foggy memory!
Usually it's completely useless info like that though, imprtant stuff just slips away...
Sigh

July 14, 2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

When the A-Team came out, my daughter was 4-years old. She loved the show, and I had fun watching it with her. I think I've seen almost every episode, but I haven't seen any reruns or anything. Of course, I ain't been lookin' neither.

Regards...

July 14, 2006 1:01 PM  
Blogger JR said...

Yes, I think it was a good idea to lose the gold diner plate before helping people that have lost so much...

July 14, 2006 1:33 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

boberin:
I believe you, lad.

Hawkeye®:
It was a silly bit o' entertainment...which I am guilty of having watched myself.

JR:
Yeah, the gold plate was a bit much...
(De gustibus non disputandum est?)

July 14, 2006 3:18 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I wonder if we will ever know how much money was raised, and where it all went, to help after Katrina. I have heard from others who have been down there how terribly much work is still needed so those folks can have their lives back,and I saw a report the other day about all the NO people who are still in Texas.
It seems to be so easy for Oprah,Sean Penn , and the rest of the usual suspects, to go for the photo-op ,but where is their money?One always hears "They Raised money",but one never hears "They gave money". More power to Mr T if he is really driving nails.
Does Mr.T have a ponytail at the back of his do-rag?

July 14, 2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Barb:
You're absolutely right about "the usual suspects"; they seek attention, mostly.

As for whether Mr. T has a ponytail at the back of his 'do rag, no, that's not something we have in common...

July 15, 2006 12:51 AM  
Blogger FrankenLooper said...

Jack: Hair after all! I did notice that pesky tum-tum optical illusion again, though. heeheeheehee.

July 17, 2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Nightwalker:
Oh, the "pesky tum-tum" was no illusion this time...but it's the result of being out on disability for a couple of months, following knee surgery. I's [sic] workin' on it, and it's better than 'twas.

BTW, over the weekend I had the ponytail removed, to donate (a total of 14") to Locks of Love..

July 17, 2006 4:30 PM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter