.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, August 07, 2006

The 2996 project...

It is nearly five years since the events of 9-11-01 took place.

In the left margin of this blog, underneath the NEVER FORGET!!! tribute regarding same, is the following link:
2996! Bloggers
Please Sign Up Now


I first learned of this project at Benning's Writing Pad.

With the further impetus of a recent post at View From Above, I'm now signed up to write something about one of the 9-11-01 victims; I would strongly urge everyone with a blog (who hasn't already done so) to sign up too.

The last time I checked, we still had quite a way to go; it's a little over a month until Sept. 11.

Think of it as therapy...

12 Comments:

Blogger MargeinMI said...

I knew you would.:>)

August 07, 2006 6:01 AM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Good man, Charlie Brown! Lookin' forward to seeing it.

(:D) Regards...

August 07, 2006 7:56 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

I ain't finding it. Am I slow, or what? Where do I sign up for this 2996 Project?

August 07, 2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

MargeinMI:
Well, I guess you were right, then.

Hawkeye®:
I'm doing the research already...

Possum:
They made it so you have to click through a few links...but clicking HERE ought to take you directly to the sign up page.

August 07, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger JR said...

Camo I would expect no less from you... Have you found the right picture, yet???

August 07, 2006 1:07 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

JR:
Yes, the picture I'll use is already on my hard drive...it's from a tribute site, and I had to request it; I couldn't just copy that one.
(It was protected)

August 07, 2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger benning said...

When the image is for my own pleasure - a desktop wallpaper - I just drag and drop the image onto my desktop. That has worked every time. For this, though, I think you went the honorable route.

Welcome to the Tributeers! Let's hope we get enough bloggers working on this!

August 07, 2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

benning:
Hopefully there'll be enough bloggers by September 11.

Time will tell...

August 08, 2006 12:31 AM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

Jack,

I hope Mrs. Camo doesn't get jealous with you saying such sweet words to another woman.

;>)

August 08, 2006 6:40 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

MargeinMI:
What sweet words...that you were right?
(You were) :-D

August 08, 2006 7:42 AM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

ok, Camo darlin.

I will post this several places I know that will be receptive. It should get a good audience. Who knows... maybe even a few Blogs of the Day :) I don't really have any pull in the blogosphere, but I do have a few friends who do.

August 08, 2006 7:57 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Cassandra:
You're one o' the good 'uns, kiddo...but then, you prob'ly knew that. Thanks...

August 08, 2006 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter