.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Scrapple!


Scrapple is a tasty, traditional Pennsylvania Dutch breakfast food. Slice thin, fry or broil it. In Southeastern Pennsylvania, where I come from, it's a local favorite. It is made up of 50% cornmeal and 50% pork "products"...including, as it's said: "everything but the oink".
(We try not to dwell on that o'ermuch)

I bring it up because of the website that got me into this whole "blogosphere" scene in the first place, which is ScrappleFace.

A number of the "regulars" had been discussing some type of get-together for quite a while, so a few of us actually went ahead and started organizing one, which I've been tentatively calling "ScrappleFest".

Anyway, Western Pennsylvania seems to be relatively central to many of the "Scrapplers", so during Labor Day Weekend a bunch of us will converge there.

It ought to be an interesting gathering...

13 Comments:

Blogger boberin said...

Oooh, oooh!

A chance for the oft discussed "boberin pinata"
I can hardly wait.
Camo says it isn't so but I'm guessing he is just in charge of "luring" me in.

April 19, 2007 8:55 AM  
Blogger Marsha said...

Gary Roberts loves scrapple.

April 19, 2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

boberin:
Paranoia will destroy ya.

Marsha:
I'm rather fond of it myself, but then, I am part Pennsylvania Dutch...

April 19, 2007 9:48 AM  
Blogger boberin said...

Paranoia is for those that fear an imagined threat. I'm not imagining mine...

As for scrapple, I ate it often in my youth, my parents loved it. However, I have never purchased any on my own but, if pressed could surely eat some, really not too bad

April 19, 2007 11:51 AM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

I hope to make it to the ScrappleFest (God willing, and the crick don't rise!... like it did on Monday.)

(:D) Regards...

April 19, 2007 12:28 PM  
Blogger benning said...

I like it fried, with a dollop of catsup! Yum!

Oh, and a big heap of Home Fries, too!

Oh, yeah, and some eggs! Scrambled!

And refill the coffee, willya?

Heheheee!

April 19, 2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Hope to see you all at Scrapplefest.

Scrabble NOT scrapple.

April 19, 2007 12:58 PM  
Blogger boberin said...

Scrabblefest?
There's something I can get behind, count me in for certain now!

April 19, 2007 1:40 PM  
Blogger Beerme said...

Yessir! That there scrapple sounds goo-ood! And so does the scrapplefest.

I hope to see BobErin (yeah, both of ya!)there, too. I'm sure no pinatas will be harmed during the fest itself...

April 19, 2007 8:47 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

boberin:
I'm certain that you must be familiar with that old "sticks and stones" maxim.

And scrapple, prepared correctly, is yummy!

Hawkeye®:
I hope you make it to the ScrappleFest, too.

benning:
Deep fried, ideally.

And get your own coffee! :-)

Maggie:
I like both.

boberin:
Maybe we could have a ScrabbleFest at the ScrappleFest.
(I'm pretty good at Scrabble)

Beerme:
We should definitely make sure that we have some actual scrapple at the ScrappleFest.

I'll see if I can persuade Bob & Erin to join the festivities...

April 20, 2007 8:08 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

There is where I say:
ELEVENTEEN!!!

April 20, 2007 8:52 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

Y'all should have a good time.

Good to see you back Camojack.

April 20, 2007 9:12 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

KJ:
You can come too! :-)

And thanks, ditto...

April 21, 2007 10:33 AM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter