.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Something new...

It's called the "Spyder Roadster" and is manufactured by Can-Am, a division of Bombardier Recreational Products...better known for personal watercraft (A.K.A. "jet-skis") and snowmobiles.

Here's the website.

In a reversal from the typical "trike" arrangement, rather than having two wheels in back and one in front, these are t'other way around.

It's an interesting concept, and is stabilized around corners and such by computer-aided technology.

I think I'd be more inclined to get a conventional trike if I was to get one at all, or perhaps the old "tried and true" sidecar rig.

But like other alternative vehicle concepts I've posted about, the "Roadster" is neat to look at, if nothing else...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm old fashioned, for offroad fun just give me an old Kawasaki enduro motorcycle...

April 21, 2007 4:22 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Nice, but 3-wheelers are available in abundance...

See HERE, HERE, and HERE.

Regards...

April 21, 2007 4:27 PM  
Blogger Beerme said...

Looks odd doesn't it...
I'm not sure I even like it

Oh, and...Go Wings! (Red Wings, that is)

April 21, 2007 7:02 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Grant Jones:
For offroad, I like dirtbikes and ATV's, but the "Roadster" isn't for that.
(Hence the name)

Hawkeye®:
Three wheelers are available in abundance, 'tis true...but the ones in your links are cars.

Beerme:
I think they're playing the odds that they'll (at least) break even. I'm sure they'd like to do (much) better than that, though.

As for wings? I'll take "buffalo" wings...

April 22, 2007 9:03 AM  
Blogger Pat's Rick© said...

Drive by posting here. Just to let you kow I do visit.

April 23, 2007 6:15 AM  
Blogger Pat's Rick© said...

er, that would be "know".

April 23, 2007 6:16 AM  
Blogger boberin said...

Odd indeed! Personally I prefer to be surrounded by something solid. Probably no safer but the illusion is comforting!

April 23, 2007 10:12 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Pat'sRick©:
Thanks for stopping by...and letting me know.

boberin:
I prefer to be outdoors, weather permitting.

De gustibus non disputandum est...

April 23, 2007 10:28 PM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter