.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 24, 2007

Big toys for big boys...

...and girls. More women are taking up riding motorcycles on their own all the time.

Anyway, here are some new ones that caught my discerning eye:


Introducing Die Moto, a custom-built performance diesel motorcycle capable of running on diesel, biodiesel, or straight vegetable oil (SVO) fuels.



By taking the minimalist supermotard racing concept, then adding Ducati’s unrivaled twin-cylinder power and Superbike heredity, the Hypermotard delivers a remarkable experience.



Named after the first engine mounted on the prototype, 984 C3 2V, the Vyrus is powered by the new 1000DS. Each bike is unique, hand made in Italy and personalised for each owner.

Pretty nifty stuff...

10 Comments:

Blogger Just call me Shelly said...

They hsve a bike cruise-in across the street from me every Tuesday night and someone had a BMW that looke a lot like that. I never did see the owner, but I snapped a photo of it. A rather ugly but uniquely lovable looking thing it was.

August 24, 2007 9:03 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Interesting looking motorcycles.

I know I won't be buying my own "big toy," but I sure do love it when someone gives me a ride on theirs!! "Oh...deer!!" ;-}

August 24, 2007 10:49 AM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

They look like fun, camo. I haven't ridden a motorcycle for years. Probably since Meridian - and I don't even want to think how long ago that was. And that was inside a house!

August 24, 2007 12:23 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Ms RightWing:
The Die(sel) Moto is based on a BMW.

Bunny:
They are interesting looking...but for now I'll stick with what I've got.

Cassandra:
Inside a house? Please tell me more...

August 24, 2007 7:02 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

VROOOOMMMMM! VROOOOMMMMM!

(:D) Best regards...

August 24, 2007 8:30 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

I'm waiting for a car that looks like a motorcycle.

August 25, 2007 8:32 AM  
Blogger Beerme said...

That Vyrus is pretty cool but I can't figure what all that stuff is all over it! Just for looks?

August 25, 2007 8:57 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Hawkeye®:
Pretty much, yeah. :-)

Maggie:
A car that looks like a motorcycle; do you mean like THIS?

Beerme:
Stuff all over it? Swingarms, frame, shocks, exhaust, etc.

August 25, 2007 1:29 PM  
Blogger benning said...

And what's the damage for one of those hand-made Eye-talan babies?

August 25, 2007 7:49 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

benning:
You'll have to ask them...HERE.

August 27, 2007 7:14 PM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter