.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, June 22, 2007

Write on!!!

The Fightin' 6th Marines

There's an easy thing that anyone can do to boost morale in Iraq: send email.

You're doing that regularly anyway, right?

I first found out about the "RCT-6 Email Project" at BLACKFIVE; their latest post about it is HERE.

Then I read about it again at Villainous Company.

The following is a sample template (originally posted as a comment at BLACKFIVE) to help get started:

Dear Marine,
My name is _________________ and I'm writing to you from _______. I hope I don't say the wrong thing; it's hard to put myself into your shoes (or boots.) But I'll stumble through this because you need to know: I'm grateful for your service to this country. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you to do what you do.

We don't know each other so I'll tell you a little about myself. Every day I go to X and I X. (Insert opinion of X here). My X and X live with me and I wish you could see them. They are so X. (Insert story?) Anyways, I thought you'd like that little glimpse of the country you so faithfully protect.

You are in my thoughts/prayers. What you are doing is important. I look forward to the day you can come victoriously home, but until then take care, keep doing a great job, and remember that America is proud of you.

Warmest wishes,
X


Why not do it right now?

Send email to RCT-6lettersfromh@gcemnf-wiraq.usmc.mil

Or, if you wouldn't mind registering, comment at their blog:
Fightin' 6th Marines!

The Fightin' 6th Marines would love to hear from you...

11 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I have some verbal support for the Marines, but it ain't according to the template.

We'll go salty and tough. They aren't babies, and it's nothing they didn't hear in basic.

Go Devil Dogs!

June 22, 2007 10:00 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

This is a wonderful idea . I'm even glad for the template ,for I get so emotional when I try to write to these wonderful Heroes ,that I tend to go on and on. I've "adopted " 4 different Heroes to pray for,and they are in my heart and prayers all the time.
Good Idea, Jack.

Prettyold

June 22, 2007 9:02 PM  
Blogger Pat's Rick© said...

Way to go, camo. Of course, if I post at their blog, I'll have to join Vox. Where is the time?

June 23, 2007 12:07 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Possum:
The template is merely a suggestion; original material is great.

Barb:
I thought the template might be helpful, but as I said, it's merely a suggestion.

Pat'sRick©:
Joining Vox to post at their blog is entirely optional, of course...

June 24, 2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

thanks camo~!..always an excuse to send some love to the troops!! :)

June 29, 2007 2:26 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

WomanHonorThyself:
You're welcome; here and for the thanks.

Any little thing for the troops!

June 29, 2007 4:17 PM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

It took awhile, but I finally got 'round to it. Wrote a letter today. Used the template some, but a lot of it was right out of my head. Thanks for the heads up!

(:D) Best regards...

July 04, 2007 6:47 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Hawkeye®:
July 4th was a good time to get 'er done!

Personally, I was in the Caribbean on a 44' catamaran at that time, smoking a Cuban cigar. IOW, enjoying my freedom..

July 08, 2007 3:26 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Hey! Blogger is going to let me comment! Every other time I've tried it made me sign it with some hokey password thingie and I could never get it to work.

What's up with that? Did you change something?

July 10, 2007 11:11 AM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

It worked!!!!

July 10, 2007 11:12 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Cassandra:
Hello, darlin'...welcome back. This free Blogspot subsidiary of Google™ is a bit wonky; I changed nothing, but sometimes I've noticed that I cannot post comments at some of their other blogs as well as my own. They, in a word, suck. I'm glad you went the "extra mile" and were finally successful.

Oh yeah, and lest I forget: ELEVENTEEN!!!
(Haven't been there in awhile...)

July 10, 2007 8:48 PM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter