.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's electric!

Something I wanted to post about since first reading about it in Popular Science last Summer is the Deus Ex Machina:


The Deus Ex Machina is an exoskeleton, (designed by one Jake Loniak) to be worn by its user, and driven at speeds up to 75 mph.

Although not strictly a motorcycle (more like a "muscle" Segway), it has been picked up as a concept vehicle by Yamaha; now it remains to be seen if it will be mass-produced for the consumer market.


Did I mention that it's run on lithium ion batteries?


I will be interested to see what comes of this, if anything.

Speaking of motorcycles, my brother Bill wanted me to make people aware of a poll being taken by the American Drag Racing League...but I've been a bit lax in my posting here. In any case, the poll he was referring to is here, although it's not the current one. However, it would appear that the category he has won the last 2 years (Pro Extreme Motorcycle) wound up being voted the most popular. Feel free to go there and vote anyway...

15 Comments:

Blogger benning said...

Holy Mackerel!

That looks way too scary for this chubby writer!

But sleek!

February 26, 2009 10:04 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

That looks like SOME fun!!! You'll be the "first on your block" to get this new "toy," I'm sure. ;-)

February 26, 2009 11:48 AM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

So... are you going to get one? :p

February 26, 2009 1:36 PM  
Blogger Feline From Da' Rocky Mtn. Hood said...

♪♫♪♫~~And you'll have FUN FUN FUN til yo' daddy take LE' Machina awaAaAaAay~~♪♫♪

[Hi Cassandra-dra-dra! ;-p]

February 26, 2009 1:58 PM  
Blogger boberin said...

Holy cow! That's the coolest thing you've shown yet and you've shown some pretty cool things.

February 26, 2009 6:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's an alien....take me to your leader

February 26, 2009 7:25 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Where is the seat belt? And the cup holder?

February 26, 2009 9:53 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Please don't show this to my grandson.

February 26, 2009 9:55 PM  
Blogger Just call me Shelly said...

Uh uh, no way Jose. I took my power chair out to the local University today so I could see about taking some courses this summer. Four wheels on the ground a charged up battery was enough for today--though a bit chilly.

Though I do have to give public transportation (city bus) thumbs up for getting me to the big city.

That thing may have excited me at some point in my life, though I doubt it. But you, well I guess I can see you trying it.

February 26, 2009 10:58 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

benning:
Scary, but sleek. OK. Got it. ;-)

Bunny:
I don't know about being the first on my "block", but I wouldn't mind taking one out for a test ride, anyway.

Cassandra:
Firstly, they'll have to make 'em available. If they do, and the price is right? Maybe I'd get one, in that case. I still prefer to buy American, wherever practicable.

Feline From Da' Rocky Mtn. Hood:
It certainly does look like it has the potential to be fun, huh?

boberin:
The coolest thing I've shown yet?
(I reckon you like it, then)

Alan:
I guess it could be used by an alien; either the illegal or the extraterrestrial type...provided the latter has a compatible physiology, of course.

Barb:
No need for a seat belt, you're strapped in.

As for cup holders, there are none on my Harley, either.

Ms RightWing:
Well, there are three wheels on the ground with the "Deus Ex Machina". Close/stable enough, methinks.

I can see me trying it, too...

February 27, 2009 7:00 AM  
Blogger Beerme said...

That is an exciting concept! Something right out of a science fiction novel...

February 27, 2009 9:23 AM  
Blogger Hawkeye® said...

What a strange-looking vehicle. I'm sure my feet would fall off the pedals at high speed (or something equally tragic). I guess I'll stick to the car.

(:D) Best regards...

February 28, 2009 5:28 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Beerme:
It is rather futuristic-looking, yes.

Hawkeye®:
I think that if your feet came off of the pedals it would slow down and return to an upright position...but I could be mistaken about that.

March 01, 2009 12:27 AM  
Blogger Pistolmom said...

www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com

Thank you for standing up and being heard!

March 07, 2009 9:02 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Pistolmom:
This is a great way to be heard...but I appreciate the recognition.

March 16, 2009 12:15 PM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter