.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 08, 2007

Are you ready for some (playoff) football?!


Well, it's been an interesting season so far, but that's just "the nature of the beast".

Now that the first round of playoffs is over, the winners go on to the following matchups:

The Indianapolis Colts will play the Ravens next Saturday in Baltimore.

The Philadelphia Eagles will play the Saints next Saturday in New Orleans.

The New England Patriots will play the Chargers next Sunday in San Diego.

The Seattle Seahawks will play the Bears next Sunday in Chicago.

I'm hoping to be able to get to a television next weekend, but it may not happen, because I'll be at a hiker get-together.

Anyway, the teams remaining after next weekend advance to their respective conference championship games...and whoever wins their conference goes to the Superbowl.

It doesn't actually count for anything, but I might just get to the Pro Bowl this year.

I'll be in the right State...

6 Comments:

Blogger MargeinMI said...

Football? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

But! Thanks for the reminder that it's time for MY favorite sport: professional tennis. The first of the Grand Slam starts this week and I get to see my heart throb Rafael Nadal (oh my sweet Rafa!) again. :o)

WOOHOOO!




[I really need a date. :o(]

January 08, 2007 6:23 AM  
Blogger MargeinMI said...

I just checked it out: they don't announce the schedule until the 10th! Arrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!

[pathetic, I know]

January 08, 2007 7:23 AM  
Blogger JR said...

This year I think it is fixed to allow the Saints to win...

Hope you can make it to the Pro Bowl...

January 08, 2007 11:35 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

MargeinMI:
Football is the only sport I watch, and only the NFL variety, not college.
(Generally one game per week)

I'm more into doing things than watching them on TV.

onlineanalyst:
I'll be at yet another hiker get-together two weeks later, much closer to your neighborhood; bring yourself around to it, why don't you?
(I'd love to meet ya!)

JR:
You think it's fixed, do you? Well, I hope not.
(I'm a jaded cynic, so I'll allow that it may be)

I hope I make it to the Pro Bowl, too. It's three islands over from where I'll be, but I found a round trip airfare for $56 already, and tickets to the game start at $35...

January 09, 2007 1:16 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Hey, Jack, I didn't receive my usual "new post at my blog" email from you, so I didn't know about this one until I checked.

GO CHARGERS...AND GO BEARS! I'd love to see a Chargers vs. Bears SuperBowl!!

:-)

January 09, 2007 7:15 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

'da Bunny:
I didn't send out any notifications for the past couple of posts.

A little experiment, if you will...

January 09, 2007 7:59 PM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter