.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, July 28, 2012

My kind of cool...

I was back in Alaska earlier this month; some changes have been made.

View from my Sunny Cove outhouse

Beginning this year the Alaska Marine Highway system added ferry service to Spruce Island.

New ferry dock in Ouzinkie

Ferry Tustumena, seen from Sunny Cove

It is my understanding that on alternate Fridays one can take a ferry to Kodiak in the morning, do some shopping, and return to Spruce Island in the evening.

Also, the route between Ouzinkie and Sunny Cove is being improved:


I was told that the project is scheduled for completion in 2014.

I'm looking forward to becoming a resident in 2016...

9 Comments:

Blogger Hawkeye® said...

COOL! Or should I say COLD! Let me guess. This will be your summer place and Hawaii will be your winter place?

(:D) Best regards...

July 28, 2012 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup, very cool. thanks Camojack...

July 28, 2012 3:21 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Excellent pics, my friend. I love how you can ponder the natural beauty of the area while attending to "the call of nature", as it were. LOL! ;-)

Seriously, I am happy for you that you have found such a place to make you happy...

July 28, 2012 7:50 PM  
Blogger Beerme said...

Very beautiful! Enjoy!

July 29, 2012 9:45 AM  
Blogger Dimension Sing Making Institute said...

Very nice, be safe. A friend from there, north of Nenana, was involved with a crash. Another car hit a moose and the two people in that car, not her's, died. It's a big problem I understand.

July 29, 2012 12:11 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Hawkeye®:
Good guess. One of the educated variety, no doubt.

Bob G.:
You're quite welcome, my friend.

Bunny:
It is indeed the nicest outhouse view that I've ever seen...of course, most outhouses don't even have windows.

Beerme:
Enjoy it I do, thanks.

mmezalick:
No moose (just deer) on Spruce Island, although you are quite correct about collisions with them; it is one of the most common causes of animal-related fatalities in the U.S., in fact...

July 29, 2012 3:25 PM  
Blogger Nick - The Survival Guru said...

Wishing you all the best in your permanent summer home.

Nicky j.

July 29, 2012 4:51 PM  
Blogger Boberin said...

Very nice! Have you been making improvements to the homestead while there? Need to see so shot of that "work in progress"

August 02, 2012 10:46 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Nick:
Thanks; I'm looking forward to spending entire Summers there.

Bob:
Yes, I've been making improvements to the homestead every time I go there.

As for shots of the "work in progress", I'll email you a couple...

August 03, 2012 6:44 PM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter