Get out and vote!
I received the bumper sticker seen above in the mail last week, and I briefly considered putting it on the back of the "Camobile".
(My conversion van)
The fact of the matter though, is that I wouldn't want people to come to the erroneous conclusion that I'm a supporter, based on a perfunctory glance. Here's a closer look:
In reality, I don't think that impeaching Obama would make a difference. My friend Michael has been after me (for literally years) to write about the fact that the problem in this country is actually Congress...and the Democrats have been in control of that since they were elected into the majority in both houses in 2006, roughly the time when things started going to "Hell in a handbasket" in this country. They like to blame Bush, but they own it, really. In one sense, it may have been a blessing in disguise for Obama to have been elected, because with the Democrats running everything they can't blame the Republicans for the out of control spending spree. That's not to say that the Republicans hadn't gotten out of hand when they were running everything, which is basically why they lost their majorities in the first place. More on that HERE. However, now we have a new crop of candidates who seem to understand that the fiscal path that this country is on is simply unsustainable, and the American people are tired of being ignored by those who think they know better than the "unwashed masses".
(That's you and me, BTW)
Soon we'll have a chance to turn it around; let's not waste it.
Another friend of mine sent some points to consider:
When your family and friends can't explain why they voted for Democrats, give them this list. They can then pick a reason.
10. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.
9. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
8. I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
7. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
6. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.
5. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies through abortion so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
4. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.
3. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
2. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
1. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my a$$ that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.
Do the Right thing, on November 2nd.
PS: Something else to consider: Unemployment